Skip to main content

TDF2020 - Part 2

I was so proud of myself.  I was just spinning away having a good time.  The spinning was going really well. Plying went really well.  I was happy with the way the yarn was coming out.  




Then came time to take it off the bobbins and skein it up.  My nephew made this beautiful table-top skein winder for me about a year ago. I thought it would be perfect for winding off the bobbins and faster than using the Niddy-Noddy.


And it is!  Until you stop paying attention and the yarn slides off  one of the posts and you can't get it to stay on and wind at the same time and it becomes this disaster.


Yea, it was awesome.  I spent several hours wrapping one end onto a Niddy-Noddy and winding the other end into a ball.  It was so fun! 😬  I left it in time out over night to think about the error of it's ways and went to bed to start afresh in the morning.  Ta-Da!  Success!

I started with 16oz of Briar Rose Fibers roving and ended up with 640 yds of 2-ply DK (roughly 10 wpi) weight.


I've never made anything from my own handspun yarn but this fiber has been speaking to me and I think I've found a simple shrug/bolero pattern called Le Mont Royal to start after the Tour ends.

Comments