Skip to main content

TDF2020 Finish Line

Ravelry hosts it's Tour de Fleece in July every year while the Tour de France race is on.  This year with COVID-19 pandemic the race start has been delayed until August 29th.  We spun anyway and I believe some Ravelry Teams will be 'riding' again in August.  I hope to be among them.

I am very happy with my TDF2020 results.  I didn't spin a large quantity but I did spin everyday and I did manage to spin thinner, which was a goal.  So with out further adieu....


The blue is 2-ply, 100% Polwarth wool. The fiber is from Briar Rose Fibers in a color she called Winter Ice. This is a lovely fiber to spin and Chris dyes them beautifully.

The brown is also a 2-ply. 70% Suri Alpaca, 20% Merino, 10% Tussah Silk from Fawks Farms Studio. Alpaca is my favorite fiber to spin and I have a big weak spot for Andrea's.

In total I spun a bit over 1,000 yards of 2-ply yarn tha I can actually knit with. Go me! 


 

Comments