Skip to main content

COVID-19 and Stash Busting


Last Fall I decided to start Stash Busting with my Acrylics...
this is Winter's Coming by C-Lo, free pattern 

Do you see a Storm Trooper face?
I wanted to try stranded knitting.  I tend to be a tight knitter which doesn't really lend itself to carrying yarn.

Not my best work but as my friend Holly says 'They'll fit somebody!'

 This is Copy Cat C.C. Beanie by Emily Ingrid.  It was a fun knit.

Sometime in December there was a request for yarn donations for school kid crafts.  About then I gave up on Busting my Acrylic Stash a donated the entire tub.


A non-knitting friend admired my blue Tilted Texture  and asked if I'd knit one for her.  I don't usually say yes but I love, Love, LOVE  Jennifer Weissman's patterns!!   Every time she posts a new one I'm like  "Damn!  I HAVE to knit that one too!"   I bought the Dragonfly Fiber, Dharma (50% Yak-50% Mulberry Silk) in Cognac at SAFF last October.  It's a beautiful color and the yarn is so soft and drapes very nicely.  It was really nice to work with. 


After I donated all my acrylic, one of my niece decides to have a baby!  The nerve!  Kidding!   I always make baby items in acrylic.  You know they are just going to spit up or poop on it the minute you set them down on it.  What new Mom has time or space for hand wash/dry flat with a new baby in the house??  
Heart Blanket Throw by Deborah O'Leary


 I bought the pattern and yarn for Three Rivers Shawl at SAFF in 2017.  Figured it was time to get that out of the bind and onto needles.  I used Sexy and Taos yarns from Buffalo Wool Company. This one took me awhile.  I started it in May 2019 and completed it in February 2020.  Due to my awesome pattern reading skills and my inability to count it spent a LOT of time in Time Out.


Coronavirus (COVID-19) has had much of the U.S. housebound for several weeks now.  Schools are closed, people who can are working from home, non-essential workers are being laid off, hotels are canceling conferences.  Restaurant dining rooms, charity donation centers, gyms, big box craft stores and Local Yarn Shops are all closed.  My knitting group has been using ZOOM Meeting App to get together.
It's a really good thing I have serious stash.   Hell, maybe I'll blog more.  Meh, probably not. LOL!

Stay Home and Stay Safe.

Comments