Skip to main content

2018 in Review



There was Knitting....
and all the yarn used was from STASH!  I've put myself on a Yarn Diet these last couple years.  At the rate I knit my yarn stash is considered S.A.B.L.E

“SABLE- A common knitting acronym that stands for Stash Acquisition Beyond Life Expectancy.”

Atlantic Cowl by Antonia Shankland
in Classic Elite Yarns Majestic Tweed - Gifted
This yarn was purchased in 2015


Denver Cowl by Veronica Parsons
Lorna's Laces Shepherd Worsted - Donated to Charity
Yikes, purchased in 2009! About time it found it's project :)  I often bought yarn without a project in mind.  Not the best idea really.  But these yarns have told me eventually "I want to be a scarf/hat etc."


Cloud of Softness neckgater by Marji LaFreniere
Bijou Basin Ranch, Bijou Bliss - Gifted
Yarn purchased in 2015
Great yarn!  I'll be buying more from them.
Oops!  Awe, forget the Yarn Diet!



Dangling Conversation by Mindy Ross
Wolle's Yarn Creations Color Changing Cotton - 
- For Me!
It is literally 4 strands of cotton thread very loosely spun together. It's a great yarn, very light weight cotton, perfect for Spring. 
Purchased in 2013




Infinity Scarf/Cowl (improvised pattern)
used Feza Yarns Alp Natural - Me!
Purchased in 2018 




Tilted Texture Shawl by Jennifer Weissman
Briar Rose Fibers in Sea Pearl - Me! Me! Me!
Love, Love, LOVE Briar Rose Fibers.  This yarn has been in my stash since 2010 just waiting for the perfect project. Then I saw this pattern.  Jennifer Weissman has some great, reversible patterns.  There are several in my queue.  I tried to use this yarn on a different pattern from JW.  It did NOT want to be that wrap.  It so wanted to be THIS shawl!




Tiny knitting - gifted
Miscellaneous scrap yarns



Grandmother's Favorite washcloth by Vintage
in Peaches & Creme Cotton - Gifted
Because I can't knit straight knitting without a lifeline, cotton washcloths and plastic scrubbies are my travel projects.  So I always have a half dozen balls in my stash.


Coordinating Scrubby (upper left) a variation of Grandma's Washcloth
made with Red Heart Scrubby (plastic) yarn - Gifted




A very little bit of Crochet....

Origami Hot Pad by Ed Barrall II - (to go with the washcloths & scrubbies)
in Peaches & Creme Cotton - Gifted




Summer Scarf by Swellamy Crochet - Gifted
Hampton Yarn from Cascade
This yarn was purchased in March 2018 when a dear friend asked me it crochet this scarf for her.  Doesn't count against the Yarn Diet :)



To be continued......

Comments

Post a Comment