Skip to main content

A New Year

The New Year has traditionally been a time to reflect and make resolutions.  I have long since given up on resolutions.  (I can't stick to a routine for more that a few days.  Diet, workout, swearing.  All broken in less than a week.)  I just try to be a better person than I was yesterday.

I will try to continue to knit down my stash and knit only from my current queue.  I did pretty well on last years Yarn Diet until SAFF.  I managed to hold it to one purchase, a shawl kit, which is an achievement for me.  I've already completed two projects. Go me!

Since starting this draft post Ravelry has initiated the 2018 Ravelry Project Challenge.  "You can enter a goal for the year or opt out, which will remove the tab from your view. After you have set your goal the tab is a home for your challenge –  the projects you have completed this year and the ones in your queue with a deadline in the current year stay up to date to track your progress. You can change your goal at any time, there is no deadline to sign up, and if you opt out and you can decide later to opt back in."  This fits perfectly into my plans!  


Plans

Simply Sheer by Jennifer Weissman
deadline: December 31, 2018
Dangling Conversation by Mindy Ross
deadline: December 31, 2018
Buckhorn Cowl by Jen Lucas
deadline: December 31, 2018
Ethereal Shawl by Nancy Queen
deadline: December 31, 2018
Alyona by Lynne Tuck
deadline: December 31, 2018
Really Easy Wristers by Lorna Miser
deadline: December 31, 2018
The Best Guy Hat Ever by Brenda K. B. Anderson
deadline: December 31, 2018
They are mostly small, easy projects for which I already have the yarn in my stash.  This Challenge is perfectly timed for me and it will help hold me accountable.

Comments