Skip to main content

Holidays

Thanksgiving is gone and Christmas in coming.  As I and my siblings and their children get older the gift giving becomes less and less.  I've already completed my shopping for this year, thanks to Amazon.  I abhor holiday mall shopping.  As the nearest mall is an hour away, just the thought of all the traffic and PEOPLE!  Bah humbug I say.  I had to go into the mall area a few weeks ago to pick up a baby gift and was nearly homicidal before I even got into the parking lot!   The store was a mad house.  Thank the Maker I had ordered the gift on line and was just there to pick-up.

I started the Miya shawl twice and frogged it twice.  Apparently even with a life-line I can't knit.  So with ELPH out of town this week I'll have some absolute, uninterrupted  quiet and I might be able to get this shawl rolling.  To sooth my frustrated knitting Mojo I knit this sweet little hat for a friends newborn.
I'm planning to knit a tiny sweater in the same colors as a Baby's 1st Christmas ornament.

Comments

  1. We are on the EXACT same page when it come to crowds of crazy holiday shoppers - I just can't force myself. Online shopping has become "normal" to me, after many years of resistance. What a cute little hat for the baby!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hope you get your hat very soon! Should be any day I would think!

      Delete
  2. That looks like brilliant knitting to me! I hate the shopping. Most of my family is not near, so I send checks, not very personal, but i believe welcome anyway.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment