Skip to main content

Lace Knitting Fail

Two years ago I saw this beautiful shawl pattern (Miya Shawl by Mari Chiba) on display in the Bijou Basin booth at SAFF and I just had to have it.  And a hank of Bijou Basin 100% Goat Cashmere (Xanadu)  to knit it in!
  

I had never done lace knitting like this before and was therefore completely intimidated by it and put it on the shelf to await my better knitting skills.  Yea right.  This from the woman who requires a lifeline in her Garter Stitch because she has the attention span of a gnat.

Well last week I decided to Hell with my fears (and lack of knitting skills) and to just go for it.  How difficult could it be?  Let me tell you.  Cast on 31 stitches, knit 3 rows of pattern = wrong ending stitch count. Frog. Begin again.  Turn off TV.  CO 31 st.  Manage to get through first 12 row repeat, YEA!  Put in Lifeline.  Knit 2nd repeat.  Correct stitch count! YEA! Move lifeline. 3rd pattern repeat... 4 stitches short. F%$&*!!!!!!  I think I'll let it sit in time out and let it think about how badly it behaved.




Comments