Skip to main content

Total Eclipse of the Sun




What an amazing experience. Right from our own backyard.


We started checking a little after 1pm here in the Upstate of South Carolina.   So many boats had anchored all over the lake.  As the eclipse began the birds quieted, squirrels disappeared and crickets started chirping.  The temperatures dropped about 3 or 4 degrees.  

Even the shadows were different... 

Best photo I could take with the solar glasses & my cell phone.  Not high quality by any means.  


When totality came down it was as if someone had put a dimmer switch on the sun!  A huge roar came up from everyone on the lake as the moon completely covered the sun.  It was eerie and weird and oh so cool!  I must confess that while the sun was in total eclipse I did take a peak at it with the naked eye.  Fascinating! 


If my brother & sister-in-law are still living in Indianapolis in 2024, we may be able to see another one :)


Comments