Skip to main content

A Knitting Report

Knitting Report


Patterns I added:  

 Little Ava   - It's such a sweet sweater and I know just the baby for it :D





Ocean Cable Knit Blanket - because one should always have a baby blanket ready to give.









            Lost in Time         and












 Naturally Southern Shawl  - I'll be teaching a Crochet class this fall










Ethereal Shawl - I need a quick & easy shawl











Silverwing - Saw this one and had to have it.







Yarn purchased

I try, try, try not to purchase yarn without a plan.  





Schoppel-Wolle Zauberball in  Frische Fische colorway for the Lost in Time pattern













Manos del Uruguay Fino in Mother of Pearl for Silverwing Shawl














Classic Elite Yarns Silky Alpaca Lace in black for the Ethereal Shawl.  


Black goes with everything :)







Projects worked on:

I was asked to teach a Crochet Class this fall and wanted something the beginners could make that wasn't a blanket or washcloth. I started and completed the Naturally Southern Shawl (photo & link above) in early July as a sample for the class.  It's made with a discontinued cotton yarn from Aslan Trends.  I've had this in my stash since 2008!  The colorway is Glaciar del Cielo.



Amanda's One Skein Infinity Scarf is another pattern I chose to make a sample for the Crochet Class.  It's made with Miss Babs Yummy 3-ply in Dove colorway. I started and completed this project in late June.


I've started the Ocean Cable blanket in May.  I'm using a mint green cotton yarn from Plymouth Yarn Bella Colour.  It's been shelved until I can get Lost in Time done for the Intermediate Class.



Knitting plans for next week: 


Continue on with Lost in Time.  I'm loving how it's coming along.  I can't take it to Sit & Stitch because I can't listen to all the juicy conversations and keep track of what I'm doing :)


Comments